Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Shidduchim, the Dating Scene at Penn, and the Baalat Teshuva | Beyond BT - For Baalei Teshuva and Other Growth Oriented Jews

Shidduchim, the Dating Scene at Penn, and the Baalat Teshuva Beyond BT - For Baalei Teshuva and Other Growth Oriented Jews:

"The stigma of being BT. Not such a big deal in my community, or in the Modern Orthodox world in general, but at the same time, I think there might be something underlying. Part of me wants to marry an FFB, so I can be part of a frum family where I don’t have to be in charge of running the household. When I want a break from Shabbat, we can go visit the in-laws. I can’t help but wonder if other people feel the same way. Maybe FFBs want another in-law family like their own, with Torah values and yirat Hashem.

This only states problems, and not solutions to go with it. I don’t have those, only thoughts. My main thought is the misconception that you need to be in a place with a large number of guys/girls in order to find your bashert. [And the same would go for needing many friends of friends]. You only need to find one person in order to get married, and that person has to be the right person."

Courtesy of:
http://www.beyondbt.com/

Posted by Webmaster of:
http://thewriterscafe.org

No comments: